We polled some of the health & wellness experts in our community and asked them to share their top recommendations on achieving health & vitality in 2017.
From Marlyn Diaz (Holistic Nutritionist & Healthy Lifestyle Coach)
- Upgrade your Food: Start with the simple step of purging your pantry of all the foods that contain chemicals, additives and refined sugars. Bring in real foods such as lean, organic & grass-fed meats, wild fish, seasonal fruits and veggies, sprouted nuts & seeds and healthy fats.
- Add in Adaptogens: Consider trying adaptogens and rejuvenating tonics like ashwagandha, REISHI, and maca (found in Superhero!) – which all have been shown to help calm an overactive stress response, improve sleep, increase energy, boost libido and enhance mental clarity. Include in shakes, smoothies and teas.
- Sip some Solé: Solé (pronounced Solay) is essentially water that has been fully saturated with a natural Himalayan salt. It’s a powerfully detoxing and rejuvenating elixir. When Himalayan salt dissolves in water, it results in a concentrated, electrically charged matrix of the 84 trace minerals in the salt. When ingested, the ionic salt and trace minerals nourish each cell in your body. Solé benefits have been shown to support thyroid, adrenal and hormone balance as well as energy, weight loss and blood sugar.
From Krystal Say (Manager, Sweat Power Yoga / Longmeadow, Massachusetts)
- Give Yourself a Permission-Slip To Be Your Own Boss: You are the only You there is, so be bold and confident in your unique, one-of-a-kind, bad a** self. Find inspiration from all of the mainstream programs out there meant to help you get organized, optimize your diet, fitness and self care routines, and create healthy habits. Give yourself permission to take that pieces that work best for you and develop your very own remarkable routine that leaves you feeling great!
- Practice Yoga: Think it as the ultimate form of self-care. Carving time out of your day to draw your attention inward, focus on your breath will turn on your parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest) and improve your energy. Through the physical practice you create freedom and space and let go of the stuck energy. With a consistent practice you create clarity on what serves your higher purpose and allow yourself to let go of of the BS.
- Set Intentions Not Resolutions: This year you are up to something big! We invite you to set intentions for the new year to empower your journey. When we set resolutions we tend to dwell on the past thinking that there is something that needs to be resolved or fixed. News flash! There is nothing to fix, You are already Awesome. You have everything you need already inside you and you most certainly are not defined by the past. Carve space daily to set an intention that leads to your growth and higher potential.
From Annette Comerchero (owner of Ellipitift / Santa Monica, California)
- Include more anti-inflamatory foods to increase over all health and vitality!
- Organize social gatherings around an activity like a hike, fitness class or sledding! You’ll feel great during and after!!!
- Spend 5 minutes of your drive time each day connecting with people you love. Make a point to tell them what you love about them!
From Alanna Zabel (Owner AZ I AM YOGA / Los Angeles, California)
- Consistency: Find consistent times to workout, consistent times for meals and consistent times for meditation and rest.
- Self-compassion: We all fall off our resolutions and goals but how quickly we forgive ourselves and get back on track is more valuable in our long term healthy objectives.
From Heather Dorak (Owner of Pilates Platinum)
- Listen and talk positive to your body.
- Eat as natural as possible (even if you start with just one meal a day).
- Try to sweat at least once a day.
We at Soupure promote wellness from the inside out — and know that a practice including a clean diet of functional food, exercise and mindfulness allow us to the best and most purposeful versions of ourselves. Thanks to all of our experts for their wisdom. If you have any tips on making 2017 the best year yet, please feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com or comment on our social channels.